As spring begins, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Macon? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running good last year.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to book any work for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment inspected seasonally by a Air Temperature Control expert can help find small problems before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outside, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up inside your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity expenses and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot minor problems before they turn into big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely inspect components and carry out a cycle of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to identify problems before they lead to big troubles that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your system is at risk for early meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Air Temperature Control
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Air Temperature Control pros a shout at 478-202-3170 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.