As warmer weather starts, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Macon? Even if your air conditioning equipment is up-to-date or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Air Temperature Control tech can help spot minor issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and complete a cycle of cooling performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into major issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Today with Air Temperature Control
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Air Temperature Control pros a call at 478-202-3170 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.