Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Macon season, have the professionals at Air Temperature Control conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Temperature Control today at 478-202-3170.