With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can trim a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically increase your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Air Temperature Control expert do air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working at its best for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at Air Temperature Control a call at 478-202-3170.