It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a host of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a number of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Air Temperature Control in Macon has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 478-202-3170.