Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Macon are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Air Temperature Control in Macon will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 478-202-3170 and stay comfortable this summer.